We are Data Scientists at O2. You have seen us at hackathons and conferences, you have met us at machine learning, R, Hadoop or many other meetups, you read about our work in media. Right now, you might as well be generating data that our tools in our Big Data platforms are processing. We do AI and machine learning so that it makes sense, money and good fun. We don’t recoil from messy big data munging and if data pipes get broken, we rather fix them ourselves than wait for a plumber. We solve problems for business people. We use technologies such as R, Python, Hadoop (Pyspark, Hive, Jupyter,…), Tensorflow, H2O, Bash, Git, Java and DWH. And we’re no ephemeral startup.
Would you like to join us? We’re looking for a skilled hands-on data scientist, potentially with a willingness to travel. This role is also suitable for early career candidates with limited prior work experience.
• Using R, Python, Tensorflow, Spark, Hadoop or similar related tools to manage the analysis of billions of customer-related records.
• Torturing our SQL-based discovery platform with your queries while getting the best out of the big data in it.
• Writing software to clean, organize and investigate large and possibly messy incoming datasets.
• Creating, testing, deploying, operating, assessing and fixing business-relevant machine learning models.
• Talking to business people and solving their problems.
• Travelling, sharing knowledge and solving problems in other companies and other countries.
• Learning from your teammates and sharing your skills and experience with them.
• Enjoying a very friendly atmosphere among like-minded people, most of whom are business-aware open source enthusiasts seeing machine learning as statistics rediscovered by programmers.
• Master’s degree and/or relevant work experience.
• Strong analytical skills and creativity.
• Skills in a major programming language relevant to the field (Python, R, etc.).
• Familiarity with SQL.
• Very good ability to turn ideas into algorithms.
• Very good communication skills.
• English in full professional proficiency (you will communicate with non-Czech speakers very often).
• PhD. or Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, AI or similar fields is a plus.
• Knowledge of data mining, machine learning and pattern recognition is a plus.
• Experience in the banking or insurance industry is a plus.
• Knowledge of statistics is a plus.
• Experience with data science pipeline is a plus.
• Willingness to travel.
Our most popular benefits include a post to a mobile phone of your choice up to CZK 7,200 or a cafeteria with 18,000 points.
But O2 offers a wide range of benefits, from preferential O2 TV and intenet, language courses, meal vouchers, 25 days of leave and 3 sick days.
You can find a list of all benefits here: https://od.o2.cz/prehled-benefitu
Za Brumlovkou 266/2, 140 00 Praha-Michle, Česká republika
Práce na plný úvazek
Notebook, flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, dovolená 5 týdnů, závodní stravování, individuální rozvržení pracovní doby
Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
Čeština (středně pokročilá), Angličtina (pokročilá)
O2 Czech Republic a.s.
Pozice vhodná pro OZP. S docházením do firmy. Vhodné pro: tělesně postižení, vozíčkáři, ostatní.